Nature is completely amazing…breathtaking. There’s nothing better than being far away from the cell phones and stress of everyday life ready to take it all in… What we find when we get there can overwhelm us in ways that could never happen at home no matter how advanced our society becomes. At the ends of the earth live creatures more bizarre than we could possibly imagine.
Scroll through these and enjoy…
1. This giant salamander looks like a baby alien – but not necessarily a mean one
2. I used to like White Lion, the band. Never knew it was a real thing – till today. Looks like I’m wrong again. “Till Death Do Us Part” – classic late ’80’s ballad.
3.The proboscis monkey is a crazy looking guy – found in Borneo in South East Asia. He really looks like he could carry on a normal conversation. But he probably speaks Thai or Vietnamese so we wouldn’t really be any better off.
4. This little guy is called a blobfish. Looks like an old man with no bones. If I was out fishing and caught one of these I would feel absolutely horrible. He looks like he’s had a rough go at it already.
5. The aye-aye did not get second helpings in the looks department. I know the feeling, little buddy. Stay strong!
6. The giraffe weevil sees all
7. The dumbo octopus inhabits the deep
8. The Naked Mole Rat really hit rock bottom looks-wise. I just can’t think of anything worse that this. Better he, or upon a closer examination, she – stay underground. Hey, a lot of us look better with the light off, am I right? Yikes.
9. The lamprey – I just don’t know what to say here…My mind is playing tricks on me again. This is horrifying.
10. The Glass Frog is a spectacular creature. It’d be cool to have some of these at a party.
11. This scary-looking little guy is called a star-nosed mole. He looks like a wild man to me.
12. Here is a Cantor’s Giant Soft Shelled Turtle. Not many of these left. Maybe because they’re kind of funny looking – not easy to get a date.
13. This is a zorse, half-horse, half-zebra. Don’t believe me? I don’t blame you. Look it up, though. Bam!
14. Japanese spider crab. Pass the butter and gimme a beer!
15. The Pacu fish sports a set of human-looking teeth. I’ve seen worse – especially some of my buddies who chew tobacco.
16. This is a goblin shark – without a doubt the scariest thing I’ve seen all day. I don’t know if I can ever go swimming again.
17. The penis snake. (moment of silence). Umm…Err…Let’s move on.
18. The red-lipped batfish. Never has to re-apply lipstick. I guess even the males in this species wear lipstick. Hey, if that’s your thing, you know, it’s cool…
19. The Patagonian Mara is actually a lizard that deceives its predators by presenting a “false” head. If that’s true, then I have no idea where it’s head is. Looks like it’s biting its own tail to me. This may not be the smartest animal in the world.
20. The giant isopod is a super-scary looking creature from outer space.
21. The okapi look like happy fun-loving birds but I bet they’d shred you with those pointy beaks of theirs. Not me, though: I won’t go anywhere near them.
Nature is full of wonders – even really weird things like our friends listed here. Proceed with caution as you walk out the door today: who knows what waits for you just around the corner!