Joffrey Baratheon, the cruel and sadistic ruler who played a major role in the first four seasons of Game of Thrones, has finally breathed his last. As we all know, he was poisoned at his own wedding to the lovely Margaery Tyrell. The only question that remains is, “by whom?”
Instead of sniffles, however, the death of the run-to-mommy tyrant yet incompetent ruler played by Jack Gleeson, was an occasion for great and joyous celebration. Nonetheless, we pay tribute to, in the words of Tyrion Lannister, the mentally unstable “vicious idiot” who ruled the Seven Kingdoms.
1. Joff, looking smug…
2. Remember, the Iron Throne cut him the first time he set upon it.
3. Sitting in judgement. Not good for those seeking his counsel. Or mercy… He had none.
4. Don’t forget: he was born of incest…
5. He got none of Cercei’s amazing good looks…
6. “Everyone is mine to torment! You’d do well to remember that, you little monster.” – King Joff
7. “This is a seat for conquerors.”
8. “Tell me about the Targaryan girl…and her dragons.”
9. “I cut off your father’s head and gave it to you as a present. Didn’t you like it?”
10. “I’m going to give you your brother’s head, too.”
11. “You can’t insult me!”
12. “The king can do what he likes.”
13. “I’m Joffrey.”
14. “I can’t stand the wailing of women.”
15. “Tyrion, you can be my cupbearer. Come!”
16. “I’m going to kill him.”
17. “Dog! I command you to get back out there and fight!”
18. “You’re very beautiful.”
19. “I am the true king.”
20. “Watch this…”
21. Goodbye, your Grace…
So long, Joff…You were certainly cruel enough to play the Game of Thrones, but a bit of cunning and diplomatic parlay might have served you well.